Monday 9 June 2008

Mexican Inspired textiles

Our eldest daughter, Antoinette, lived in Mexico City for 3 years, teaching in an International school. We had to visit her whilst she was there and 2 year's ago we spent a week in the Yucatan Peninsular visiting the Mayan Sites - I took hundreds of photographs of all the buildings and came back very inspired to stitch!! Here are some Mexican inspited textiles - I dye my fabrics and layer them before machine and hand - stitching.(these are at your request, Mai-Britt)














I suppose I should really have put on some of the photos to show where the inspiration came from - I will try now!!





3 comments:

Ant said...

I like the pictures. I want you to put on more photos! xxx

Sue's Stitches said...

Now you have explained how to put on my photos quickly, I will bore you with lots more, Ant!!! Yhanks for your instruction over skype - wonderful system!!

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Thanks for the pictures, Sue........... Really lovely work and thank you too for the inspirational photos........ for any artist an added value!