Monday 1 September 2008

I tried to edit the wedding blog I posted last week and ended up deleting the lot - so here are a few different wedding photos!! The men all looked very smart . Antoinette and Gemma's friend, Helen were bridesmaids and both looked beautiful. You can see one of the bags I made hanging on Antoinette's right arm. You can tell Ant and Gemma are sisters - both have the curly payne hair!!
This photograph shows Mum, Gareth, Antoinette, Tim, Gemma,Myself, Sam and Dad.
This is a picture of the Payne side of the family-unfortunately, Antoinette and Gareth are missing.
This is a ckose up to show my hat - it was made for me by a local milliner and was a real work of art. Gemma helped to choose the style and I was delighted with the end result! The photo is of myself with my niece, Rachael.
Gemma and Tim outside the church- I had an old horseshoe from one of Tim's horses so I covered it in ribbon and stitch small white sea shells onto it - we collected the shells in Herm last year! I also made Gemma's small jacket which she wore for the church service.
This photo was taken as everyone threw rose petal confetti at the same time - it looked lovely!
Antoinette helped hand out the rose petals to everyone as they came out of the church. Antoinette was a real hero during the week before the wedding - helped cook, clean and prepare various bits for the wedding.
Sam and I looking very relieved that the day was going smoothly - after all my needless worries!!
This is a photo of Gemma's godmother (our friend), Diane, who was such a help in the lead up to the wedding - kept me sane most of the time!!
It was a lovely day and it's now back to normal. I'm looking forward to going to Herm for 3 days next week - a treat after all the wedding hype. We are also going to France towards the end of the month and can't wait to get there - I want to get going on various sewing projects but have to decide what to concentrate on first! After visiting the Quilt Show at the NEC a couple of weeks ago I'm full of inspiration but should really set something out on paper first - something I'm not very good at as I'm too impatient to plan properly and end up with too many confused ideas - not getting started on any one thing properly!! Help!!

No comments: