Saturday 13 September 2008

We've just come back from spending 4 days in Herm at the White House hotel - a lovely break. the Battle of Britain annual air display was on whilst we were there - the views were a bit distant but i took a few photos of the red arrows. We stood on a hill above the hotel - quite a climb up but well worth the views! The photo below is from our hotel room looking north.
The view north from the hotel look out point where we stood to watch the air display.
Chanook (don't know how to spell it) helicopter and condor!



I'm going to try to turn this view into a contemporary embroidery!!!
When we arrived at Belvoir, we were the only ones on the beach until about 10.30 am - then there were only about 20 people there all day. I had 2 swims in my own private beach pool!!!

A view from Herm looking towards home - just behind the trees!!!
View from our hotel room looking west.
We had a lovely break - lots of walking, food and wine!! We're off to France next so I have to sort out my textile work and decide what to concentrate on whilst in France. I think I'll take indigo dye stuff, discharge stuff, silk paints and wax pot and see where I go from there!! Hope you like the photos Ant and Gemma - bring back holiday memories?

3 comments:

Gem said...

herm photos lovely, wish we could have been there. looks very peaceful and empty from tourists! I am off to leam tomorrow don't forget if you try ringing. I just tried you, where are you?????!!!! hugs, gemma x
p.s. I had a bad day...

Ant said...

I'm bored of the red arrows. New photos from France PLEASE!

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

I was onboard that Condor Ferry! Great show.