Tuesday 27 May 2008

These are the bags i made whilst in France (again)! I used Antoinette's sewing machine (she wants it back when she eventually comes back to live in the UK!!!) which is a little Elna - sews beautifully - much smaller than my Bernina but seems more manageable in some ways. Gemma has chosen this bag below. Antoinette has seen the bags on the computer and has chosen this one below. It took longer to make than the others as anyone who does patchwork will appreciate. I don't do an awful lot of patchwork but I love the effect.
The bag below was the first one I made - I had prepared the strips and quilted them months ago but had never found the time to finish the bag. I've kept this one for myself as it's my favourite!! Whilst in France I couldn't resist buying more fabrics and once Gemma's wedding is over I am on a bag making session - Christmas presents for the family!!

We have discovered we owned more land than we thought in France and have our very own bluebell wood - it was in full bloom at the beginning of the month - I took lots of photos for future inspiration - not really in a flowery mood at the moment. The photo below shows Sam admiring his trees!!! - mainly poplar and some fir trees - with a stream running through - all very pretty.






Gemma is over this week to sort out wedding things - I have a list of things to do before 9 August - embroidering wedding dress being the main one - I will just have to knuckle down and shut myself in the spare bedroom with the dress. Someone has very kindly lent me a tailor's dummy to put the dress on which will make life easier. When i need a break from sewing i will have to take time to add to this blog - getting the hang of it now!!



1 comment:

Ant said...

Keep putting on photos. I like to see them. Especially some of you and Gemma. How's the wedding stuff going? xxx